Orange Food Decorations
Use orange flowers when serving oranges by themselves as fruits. These bright and beautiful fruit decorations will enhance any dessert.
1. Cut the orange crosswise into two halfs. One part can be larger than the other. Use the larger half to make the orange decoration.
2. Cut half orange into 8 equal parts. Cut from the center of the slice through the skin down to the middle of the orange.
3. Starting in the middle between cuts, holding the knife at an angle, make a cut as shown on the photo.
4. Make another cut at the same angle on the other side. See photos.
5. Continue to make incisions and remove the small wedges of orange. See photos.
6. With the end of a small sharp knife, peel the skin from the flesh of the orange.
Manually fold the skin from the pulp. Arrange your orange decoration with green leaves.
Orange wings can enhance any dessert. Also, this fruit decoration can be served with a plate of cheese, chicken or goose pate.
1. Cut the orange in half and place cut side down on a cutting board. Make a small cut-out on both sides in the middle of the orange. Remove the formed wedge. See photo.
2. Keep making these cutouts and remove the formed wedges until the last two "wings" have been cut.
3. Return the half orange to its original shape as shown, exposing part of the flesh of each orange wedge.
4. Arrange this bright fruit garnish with greens. Use imagination and create a unique food decoration.