Lemon Food Decorations
Lemon baskets are a wonderful garnish on your table. Use these food decorations for serving salads and desserts.
First Method :
1. Cut off the top of a lemon. Remove all the flesh with a teaspoon.
2. To decorate the basket, using a small sharp knife, cut along the edge, making a wavy line.
Instead a wavy line, you can make a jagged tooth line by cutting small triangles.
Second Method :
1. Make two vertical cuts 1-1.5 cm apart to the middle of a lemon. Then, starting from the top of the lemon, cut on both sides and remove the cut portions to form a basket. See photos.
2. Cut the lemon pulp under the handle of the basket and clean out all the flesh with a small spoon. Decorate the basket, cutting around the edge a wavy line or small triangles.
3. Similarly, you can make a basket from a grapefruit or orange.
Lemon butterflies make an original and delicate garnish for desserts. You can also use them to decorate cold fish dishes, laying them on the edges of a wide platter.
1. To make this food decoration, select lemons with small amounts of seeds. With a very sharp knife, cut them into thin slices.
Cut two wings out of a lemon slice. One larger and one smaller.
2. The "butterfly" can be made from two halves of lemon slices by placing them in a manner as shown.
3. Make mustaches for the garnish "butterfly" from strips of orange peel or red pepper.
Similarly, you can make this fruit decoration from limes and oranges.
Citrus Waves and Carousels
Citrus waves and carousels make a very simple and beautiful garnish for desserts.
1. Cut a lemon into slices 3 mm. thick. With the sharp end of the knife, cut each slice from the center to the edge.
2. Then connect the two or three circles, inserting them one into another at the cut location.. See photo.
3.You can also twist the circles to make a "wave" of citrus. Make sure that skin is against skin and flesh against flesh. See photo.
4. You can combine lemons, limes and oranges. Be creative and make your own unique food decoration.
Lemon borders on the edge of plates make a beautiful garnish for cold fish dishes and desserts.
1. Using a sharp knife or grooving tool, cut grooves along the length of a lemon. Then cut lemon in the middle lengthwise into two equal parts. Cut lemon halves crosswise into slices of equal thickness.
2. Lay out lemon slices on the edge of plate.
You can combine yellow lemons and green limes to get more interesting variation in your food decoration.